FLIXOTIDE aerosol 250 mcg. 60 doses
What is and what comprises the drug
Flixotide Inhaler 250 is a suspension pressurized inhalation that contains the active ingredient fluticasone propionate ( fluticasone propionate ) and excipient HFA134 ( 1,1,1,2 -tetrafluoroethane ) .
Aluminum container , sealed and placed in a plastic inhalation device with an atomizer through which the drug is injected directly into the airways ( Wellcome ) . Each pack contains 60 doses (sprays ) . Each spray delivers 250 micrograms (ug) of the active ingredient - fluticasone propionate ( fluticasone propionate ) .
How does the drug
The active ingredient fluticasone propionate belongs to a group of medicines called corticosteroids. Corticosteroids are used in the treatment of diseases which cause respiratory problems , as they possess anti-inflammatory activity . They reduce the swelling and irritation of the wall of the small airways in the lung, and thus alleviate respiratory problems. Corticosteroids also help to prevent asthma attacks . Fluticasone propionate is not to be confused with other steroids such as anabolic steroids , which some athletes misuse and take the form of tablets or injection.
Who manufactures the drug and has permission to use it in Bulgaria
Flixotide Inhaler 250 is produced by GlaxoSmithKltne Pharmaceuticals SA, 60-322 Poznan, Poland. The finished product is packaged and released for sale by Sopharma AD Iliensko Shosse 16 , Sofia 1220, Bulgaria . Marketing Authorisation Holder Glaxo Group Ltd., Greenford, Middlesex, UK, represented in Bulgaria by GlaxoSmithKline Export Ltd., 1408 Sofia, Dim. Dew 10 .
For what use Flixotide Inhaler 250
Your doctor has determined that this medicine is suitable for you and your condition. Flixotide Inhaler 250 is used for the treatment of asthma in humans , in need of regular medication . Flixotide 250 Inhaler also be used in adults with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ( COPD ) - a disease causing narrowing and obstruction of small airways in the lungs.
It is important to use Flixotide Inhaler 250 every day. This will help no complaints throughout the day and night -p 250 Flixotide Inhaler is used to relieve respiratory problems.
If you find that attacks of breathlessness and wheezing are more frequent than usual, you should consult with your doctor .
BEFORE YOU USE FLIXOTIDE 250 INHALER
Before you take , check whether the use of Flixotide Inhaler 250 is correct in your case and whether Flixotide 250 Inhaler is a medicine suitable for you. If you answer " Yes " to any of these questions , tell your doctor about this before you start the medicine.
• Have you ever had symptoms of allergy or sensitivity to 250 Flixotide Inhaler, fluticasone propionate or to the excipients in the product ?
• Are you pregnant or trying to get pregnant ?
• Are you breast feeding ?
• Have you ever had thrush in your mouth?
• Treat you or have you ever treated tuberculosis ?
During pregnancy and lactation the drug can only be applied in cases where the doctor considers the expected benefit to the mother is greater than the possible risks for deteto.V some cases concomitant use of Flixotide Inhaler 250 with other drugs ( eg . certain drugs for the treatment of AIDS or oral antifungal products ) is inappropriate . Without prior consultation with your doctor should not use Flixotide Inhaler 250 if you are taking the drug ritonavir ( ritonavir) . Be sure to tell your doctor about all other medicines you are currently taking , including those you buy without a prescription.
HOW TO USE FLIXOTIDE 250 INHALER
Take your medicine as your doctor recommends. The physician determines the dosage and duration of treatment.
• Do not use this medicine to control the sudden attack of breathlessness . In these cases you will need a different type of medicine.
• Even if you feel better , you should continue taking any medication for asthma prescribed by your doctor , in the same way as before, unless your doctor tells you otherwise .
• It is very important to follow the recommendations of the treating physician about how to inhale doses and how often to apply 250 Flixotide Inhaler. Do not use it more often than you predpisano.Lekarstvoto must be inhaled through the mouth. Find instructions for use later in this listovkata.Ako doctor advises otherwise , the usual dosage of drug is used to treat asthma in adults and children over 16 years: from 250 to 1000 micrograms ( ug ) twice the dnevno.Za treatment of COPD in adults: 500 ug twice dnevno.Nyakoi people experience difficulty using the inhaler at the time of inhalation . If you have any problems , additional devices - displacement chamber can help to overcome them by providing a full inhalation of the drug. Consult your doctor about the possibility and the need to use bulky camera.
What to do if you take more than prescribed
If a dose higher than prescribed , you should konsultshroti a doctor as soon as possible.
What to do if you miss a dose
If you forget to take a dose, do not worry. Take the dose as soon as you remember and then continue to the next dose accurately according to the preset time. However, if it is almost time for your next dose , wait until it occurs and adopts the next dose. Do not take a double dose.
Effects on ability to drive and use machines
Flixotide Inhaler 250 does not affect the ability to drive or operate machinery .
After using FLIXOTIDE 250 INHALER
If your breathing gets worse or increased wheezing immediately after using Flixotide 250 Inhaler, stop using it and tell the attending lekar.Ako notice that your breathing is getting worse or wheezing increases after a few days , even taking this drug or find that a more frequent intake of other inhaled medicines, tell your doctor.
Flixotide Inhaler cause you side effects
In most patients taking the drug does not cause problems . In some patients , however, like any other drug , Flixotide 250 Inhaler can cause side reaktsii.Nyakoi people may feel that after inhaling the medicine throat or tongue is sore or that their voice becomes hoarse . These symptoms can be relieved by gargling with water after each inhalation. Tell your doctor about them, but do not stop taking the drug until he kazhe.Nyakoi you are allergic to medicines.
If any of the following symptoms soon after using Flixotide 250 Inhaler, stop taking the drug and seek medical attention :
• Sudden onset of wheezing and pain or tightness in the chest ;
• Swelling of eyelids, face , lips, tongue , or throat ;
• Raised skin rash or hives anywhere on the body.
In some patients , especially in those receiving high doses of corticosteroids , incl. 250 Flixotide Inhaler, rarely may occur following side effects - a person with a round shape, bone loss , eye problems and growth retardation in children. It is possible to increase the level of blood sugar ( glucose ) . Ask your doctor if you disturb something to do with taking the medicine you or your child . Very rarely, you may experience feelings of anxiety , sleep disorders and increased irritability (mainly in children ) . If you are experiencing other symptoms that do not understand and you are concerned , consult your physician.
HOW TO STORE FLIXOTIDE 250 INHALER
• Keep Flixotide 250 Inhaler at room temperature below 30 ° C. Keep the medicine away from heat and direct sunlight. Do not freeze .
• As with most inhaled products in pressurized containers, the therapeutic effect of the drug may decrease when the metal container is cold . If the inhaler is too cool before inhalation remove the metal canister from the plastic part and warm in his hands. Do not use other means of warming.
• Keep Flixotide 250 Inhaler, as well as any other medicine out of the reach of children.
• Do not use the medicine after the expiry date on the packaging . • Caution - metal container is under pressure.
Do not pierce , heard when empty .
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
Check inhaler : Before using the inhaler for the first time or if your inhaler has not been used for a week or more , remove the plastic cap aplzhatora mouth by gently grasp both sides, shake the inhaler well and spray once in the air to make sure it works .
Use of the inhaler :
1. Remove the cap on the mouthpiece by gently squeezing both sides and check the inside and outside if the applicator is clean.
2 . Shake the inhaler well.
3 . Hold the inhaler between your fingers and thumb , and your thumb on the bottom under the applicator .
4 . Exhale and then place the mouthpiece in your mouth between your teeth and close your lips around it , but do not bite .
5 . As soon as you start to breathe in through your mouth, press the top of the inhaler to spray fluticasone propionate, as long and inhale deeply.
6 . While holding your breath, take the inhaler from your mouth and remove your finger from the top of the inhaler . Hold your breath while you can.
7 . If you need to take a greater number of doses inhaler hold up and wait half a minute , then repeat the action item 2 to item 6 .
8 . The mouthpiece is closed by a strong compression of the cap.
Perform as a slow action points 4, 5 and 6. It is important that the inhalation zapochneteda as possible slowly just before the activation of the front mirror is Inhalera.Uprazhnyavayte first few times . If you see after inhalation kapchitsipo your inhaler or the sides of your lips , you must repeat priema.Ako your doctor has given you different instructions for using the inhaler , please follow givnimatelno.Horata with weak hands should hold the inhaler with both hands. Both the pointer must be inserted on the top of it , while the two thumbs are held on the base beneath the applicator .
Your inhaler should be cleaned at least once a week in the following way
1. Pull the metal canister from the plastic part of the inhaler and remove the cap from the mouthpiece .
2 . Rinse the plastic cap part and in hot water.
3 . Allow them to dry in a dry, warm place. Do not heat .
4 . Again positioned metal container and cap .
In the water you can dissolve detergent or a weak solution of the kind for washing bottles for feeding babies (ask your pharmacist for advice ) . Then rinse thoroughly with clean voda.Ne put the metal container in water.
This medicine is only for you. Do not pass it on to others. It may harm them, even if their symptoms are the same or similar vashite.Tazi leaflet does not give you full information about the medicine. If you have any questions or are not sure, contact your doctor . You may need to read the leaflet again , so do not throw it away while you are taking medicine